Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Vintage Key Necklace

This is one of my favorite necklaces that was in the June 2010 issue of Belle Amoire Jewelry.  It is made from a vintage skeleton key and then soldered onto copper.  I then applied a patina to give it an old world look. I used vintage findings and  some old chandlier crystals.  I have been really busy making and designing jewelry. I am getting geared up to go to the Art and Soul retreat in Las Vegas in Feb, and can hardly wait.  I will be taking some classes from Sally Jean who was the person who inspired me to make soldered jewelry after I bought her book "Pretty Little Things." She opened a new world for me and I am finally going to have the opportunity to take some of her sought after classes.  I have done most of my soldering with a torch, so using a soldering iron to make soldered glass jewelry is going to be a little hard to get used to, but a lot of fun.

1 comment:

  1. Loved this necklace and I keep her book on my bedside table. I currently stink at the soldering iron thing but hope to get better. Have tons of fun!
    Shannon C

    ReplyDelete